Privacy Notice for EU Residents
Last modified: May 24, 2018.
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Categories of Data Obtained Directly from You
BlackFridayRumors.com obtains personal data from you including your name and email address. We collect this information when you:
– Register for any BlackFridayRumors.com email newsletter.
– Email, text or otherwise share a story from BlackFridayRumors.com.
– Contact us for information or ask a question.
– Post, upload, or otherwise submit a comment, story idea, essay, photo, or other content to BlackFridayRumors.com.
– Otherwise volunteer information to us or respond to a request for information through any of our Services.
Information Obtained Automatically Through Technology
Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically through technology, such as access logs, cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies, may include:
– Internet Protocol Address (IP address)
– The domain name of your Internet Service Provider
– The website, application, platform or service you visited before and after visiting our Services.
– Information about your computer or mobile device, and their browser, operating system, settings and software.
– Unique device identifiers on your mobile device, including as applicable the Apple or Google advertising identifiers.
– Your approximate geographic location (derived from requested header information, such as your IP address).
– The dates, times, duration and frequency of your interactions with our Services, search terms, the media files you download, interact with or share, favorites you select, and your navigation path through our Services.
– Information about your interactions with our email messages.
Purposes for Processing of Personal Data
BlackFridayRumors.com processes your data in order to:
– Manage, administer, promote, analyze and improve the Services and our communications, including measuring and analyzing user traffic and usage patterns.
– Respond to your questions or messages and fulfill your requests for services.
– Customize the content you see and offering other content that may be of interest to you.
– Customize the sponsorship messages you see and hear on our Services and on third-party services you may use or visit.
– Recognize you as a returning user as you access our Services using different computers, devices and browsers and to save and “remember” your registration information, settings and preferences for later visits.
– Send you email newsletters and marketing, and other communications from BlackFridayRumors.com and our partners.
– To understand whether and when you read our email messages and click on links in those messages.
– Analyze personal preferences or interests to provide personalized content and messages from BlackFridayRumors.com and BlackFridayRumors.com sponsors and to control the sequence and frequency of those messages.
We also may use the information collected from you in other ways, and for other purposes, that are described to you at the point of collection or for which we otherwise have obtained your consent.
Sharing Your Personal Data
BlackFridayRumors.com may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
– BlackFridayRumors.com’s authorized service providers to provide services on our behalf.
– BlackFridayRumors.com’s authorized third-party applications to provide certain Services to you on the third-party applications.
– BlackFridayRumors.com’s analytics partners such as Google Universal Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, DoubleClick for Publishers and others.
– If we sell a Service or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
– With public authorities when required by law, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
– With persons we contact on your behalf when you choose to email, text, or otherwise share a story or other content.
– With social networking services, if you choose to share stories or other content with your friends and followers on the social networking service.
– With other parties if the information is anonymous and aggregate.
– With other parties if we have disclosed such sharing to you at the time of collection of the information or if we otherwise have your consent.
Lawful Basis for the Processing of Personal Data
BlackFridayRumors.com is required to demonstrate a lawful basis for the processing of personal data. BlackFridayRumors.com relies on legitimate interest to process data for the following purposes:
– Data analytics
– Managing user accounts
– Operating, modifying and improving the Services
– Identifying usage trends
– Customizing content and user experience
– Web hosting
– Direct marketing
– Fraud prevention
– Network and information systems security
– To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and sponsorship messaging
– To serve promotional and sponsorship messages based on user behavior and preferences.
– Responding to user questions and requests for information
Consent: We process personal data based on your consent to send personalized messages from BlackFridayRumors.com and BlackFridayRumors.com’s sponsors (interest based messages or sponsorship), to collect precise location information and to send promotional emails. If you do grant consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from emails and as described in “Your Rights” below. Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed.
Your personal data is retained no longer than is reasonably necessary to perform the processing described in this Notice and in case of any legal claims or complaints, or as required by law.
Subject to exemptions under applicable law (which may include, depending on the circumstances, U.S. law protecting the rights to free speech and free press or EU law protecting the rights to freedom of expression or information, including processing for journalistic purposes), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
To request a copy of your personal data which BlackFridayRumors.com holds;
To request that BlackFridayRumors.com provide you access to and/or rectify personal data that is inaccurate or out of date;
To request erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for BlackFridayRumors.com to retain it;
If you have consented to processing, the right to withdraw consent at any time;
To request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, where applicable. This right of portability only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract and if BlackFridayRumors.com processes the data by automated means;
To request a restriction on further processing where applicable;
The right to object to processing if the processing is based on legitimate interest, is for direct marketing, or is for scientific/historical research and statistics;
To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may exercise these rights by contacting BlackFridayRumors.com at blackerfriday @ gmail.com, providing the email address you used to register with BlackFridayRumors.com, and stating your specific request in writing. BlackFridayRumors.com reserves the right to verify your identity and confirm your right to the information. The following options are also available:
To cancel your BlackFridayRumors.com account, or correct or update your registration information, you may sign in to your account or contact us using the information below.
To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, click here for the Google Universal Analytics opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To learn more about how Google uses data, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Because BlackFridayRumors.com operates the Services from the US, your personal data may be transferred to the US and/or to countries or territories outside the EEA or Switzerland not recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection pursuant to the GDPR. Where required, data transfers will be made subject to the terms of the applicable EU Standard Contractual Clauses or with your consent. BlackFridayRumors.com will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice in respect of such transfer.
BlackFridayRumors.com employs physical, technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security for personal data, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and security for the rights and freedoms of natural persons,
Automated Decision Making and Analysis
BlackFridayRumors.com and its data analytics and sponsorship vendors analyze user interactions with the Services to deliver personalized content to users and to serve personalized sponsorship messages. This includes tracking user preferences with respect to listening data, websites visited, and search terms in order to derive a user’s interests and preferences. The consequences of such processing for the data subject are that the data subject receives content that may be of interest to him or her, as well as email and online messages from BlackFridayRumors.com and BlackFridayRumors.com’s sponsors that are geared towards the interests and preferences of the data subject.
You must be at least 18 years of age to submit any User Materials or Personal Data on or through the Services, create a public profile, or participate in any online contests. If your child is under age 16 and has provided personal data to the Services, please contact us at blackerfriday @ gmail.com for deletion of the data.
If BlackFridayRumors.com plans to use personal data for a new purpose, it will update this Notice and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
Data Protection Officer:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #3355
Las Vegas, NV 89107
blackerfriday @ gmail . com
Attn: Data Controller
848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #3355
Las Vegas, NV 89107